- Dipartimento: Medicina E Chirurgia
- Tipologia: Corso Di Laurea Dm.270/04
- Corso di Laurea: Igiene Dentale
- Codice di verbalizzazione: 8059392
- Metodi di insegnamento: Frontale
- Metodi di valutazione: Scritto E Orale
- Prerequisiti: - Anatomy / Histology: bones, muscles, innervation and vasculature of the stomatognathic system; temporomandibular joint; macroscopic and microscopic anatomy of the teeth, tissues and organs of the oral cavity, including embryology. - Physiology: occlusion biomechanics and physiology of mandibular movements; Physiology of salivary secretion. - Chemistry: states of matter, elements and compounds, atomic structure, periodic system, chemical bonds, fundamentals of inorganic chemistry, chemical reactions and stoichiometry, solutions, oxidation-reduction, acids and bases; fundamentals of organic chemistry and biomolecules. - Physics: the units of measurement, the kinematic, dynamic, fluid mechanics; thermology and thermodynamics, elementary optics, electrostatics and electrodynamics. - General Pathology: concepts of homeostasis and disease; chemical, physical and biological causes of disease; pathology of the cell; inflammation at the cellular level and tissue.
- Obiettivi: LEARNING OUTCOMES: To provide knowledge of dental biomaterials useful to develop rationally the selection criteria in procedures for prevention and therapy of diseases and morphofunctional restoration in dental practice. Knowledge of some topic of nutrition and body composition related to odontostomatological disease. Knowledge of the main oral lesions of interest to the dental hygienist. Acquisition of post-secondary knowledge in the field of normal periodontal anatomy, functional to the practice of the profession of dental hygienist KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING: To gain knowledge of prosthetic technologies and laboratory validated by proper dental practice, the base of production procedures and devices which are custom made using indirect methods and aimed at prevention, restoration, prosthesis and orthodontics. Possess the knowledge of the fundamentals of pathological anatomy, periodontology and human nutrition, integrating the pathophysiological and pathological study with the clinical methodology and therapeutic procedures envisaged by the professional profile. APPLYING KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING: Knowledge of different product categories including products aimed at the prevention and oral hygiene, in their classifications, physical, chemical, biological and aesthetic. Knowledge of the mechanisms of their rational handling, the optimum ways of their conservation and the importance of their correspondence with the international standards and with the Directives for Medical Devices. At the end of the course the student has to know how to implement the maneuvers required for the use of materials of general use in dental practice. Correlation between the notions learned and the manifestations of oral pathology. Acquisition of the ability to be able to independently organize the knowledge and operating techniques learned for the practice of the profession of Dental Hygienist MAKING JUDGEMENTS: It is important that the prosthetic technologies are transposed in their possibilities and limitations and the proper use of materials available in order to enable the practitioner an objective assessment of manufactured products in the dental laboratory and the proper implementation of Directive 93/42 - DL 46/97 and later. It must also be clear about the professional fields of dental technician and correct relationships with the dentist. Distinction between pseudopathologies and true pathologies of the oral cavity. Independently manage the non-surgical treatment of periodontal disease, prevention in the field of nutrition, always on the indication of the dentist COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Acquisition of a technical, specialized and understandable language. The ability to act on patient compliance, increasing motivation.
- A.A.: 2020/2021
- Canale: UNICO
- Crediti: 1
- Obbligo di Frequenza: S��