Materials Science 2023/2024
- Dipartimento: Scienze Matematiche, Fisiche E Naturali
- Settore Ministeriale: FIS/03
- Codice di verbalizzazione: 8066446
- Metodi di insegnamento: Frontale E Altro
- Metodi di valutazione: Orale
- Prerequisiti: The minimum requirements to be able to take this course profitably are the "minimal" notions of physics and chemistry that are learned in the bachelor's degree courses. The theoretical lessons will be taught with very simplified technical language and with the purpose of arousing the student's curiosity to understand what is inside each material of common use and its electronic, structural, optical, mechanical, electrical and magnetic properties.
- Obiettivi: The course is aimed at providing an advanced preparation in Materials Science, with knowledge of specialized subjects of recent research in Materials. At the end of the course, the student will be aware of the relationship between micro- and macro-structure of a given material on the one hand and its properties on the other. Specifically, the student will learn the differences between the diverse classes of materials (metals, polymers, ceramics, composites) and their origin. In addition to acquiring new theoretical knowledge, the student will gain first-hand experience of some key experimental techniques in materials science. As a result, the student will learn how to acquire scientific data, how to analyse and disseminate them both orally and in writing.
- Ricevimento: Lunedi' 11.00-13.00
- A.A.: 2023/2024
- Canale: UNICO
- Crediti: 8
- Obbligo di Frequenza: No