General And Molecular Pharmacology And Toxicology 2022/2023
- Dipartimento: Scienze Matematiche, Fisiche E Naturali
- Settore Ministeriale: BIO/14
- Codice di verbalizzazione: 8067459
- Metodi di insegnamento: Frontale E Altro
- Metodi di valutazione: Orale
- Prerequisiti: Is necessary for the student to have the fundamental concepts of basic subjects, with particular regard to Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry and Molecular Biology. Students should also possess a good knowledge of written and spoken English (B2 level).
- Obiettivi: LEARNING OUTCOMES: The course aims to provide learning on the fundamental aspects of general pharmacology and in particular the pharmacokinetics (ADME) and pharmacodynamics. In addition, students must acquire the molecular basis of drug action and the factors that influence the pharmacological effects and adverse drug reactions. The course also has the task of providing the molecular basis of toxicology. KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING: Knowledge of the fundamental elements of pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics, as well as the general concepts of molecular pharmacology. Knowledge of the basic principles of general and molecular toxicology. ABILITY TO APPLY KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING: At the end of the course, the student must demonstrate to have acquired knowledge and skills related to general pharmacology and toxicology. In particular, students must be able to: 1. Know the processes of absorption, distribution, metabolism and excretion of drugs, in addition to the mechanism of action of drugs, and the possible interactions between drugs; 2. Know the principles of molecular pharmacology and molecular toxicology; 3. Understand the main classes of drugs; 4. The student should demonstrate the ability of applying this knowledge to the aim of a more personalized therapy. AUTONOMY OF JUDGMENT: The student must acquire the ability to define the principles of general pharmacology and molecular pharmacology with particular attention to the factors that modify the action of drugs. He/she will also have to acquire the ability to recognize side effects and adverse drug reactions. COMMUNICATION SKILLS: The student must be able to clearly present the results and the learning obtained during the course and study also to a non-expert public. The student must be able to understand and communicate in English. LEARNING ABILITY: The student's ability to learn is acquired through the knowledge of: 1) fundamental notions about the principles that regulate pharmacodynamics (action mechanism) and pharmacokinetics (absorption, distribution and elimination); 2) fundamental notions about the main types and modes of occurrence of the toxic effects of xenobiotics, the relative mechanisms of action (at the cellular and molecular level) and on the main clinical manifestations of adverse reactions to xenobiotics; The knowledge obtained during the course can be acquired through. Pharmacology texts, participation to initiatives (seminars), and the reading of scientific articles useful for expanding the field and the therapeutic applications of drugs.
- Ricevimento: Lunedi ore 12-14
- A.A.: 2022/2023
- Canale: UNICO
- Crediti: 8
- Obbligo di Frequenza: No